"Pleasant Surprises that INVITE, INVOLVE and INSPIRE"
- Our overall goal is to make the CSU a vibrant and attractive place of activity.
- The culture of the CSU seeks to Invite, Involve and Inspire students
- We want to work with students to make that happen.
- Aid in promotion along many avenues
- Interested in your ideas
- Flexible in hours and use of the building
- The CSU provides Graphic Design services to meet the needs of the building with our primary clients being Student Activities and Student Events Team.
- The CSU Communications Coordinator and staff are dedicated to promoting events and activities within the CSU.
- The CSU Communications Coordinator Office is primarily responsible for overseeing promotional and posting within the building. Written request for exemptions would reviewed and authorized by the CSU Communications Coordinator.
- Events Scheduling operates separate from CSU Communications and is considered the “first stop” when planning an event. Still, by getting both offices involved early in your process, we can help avoid pitfalls and promote a successful event.
Primary reasons for our Posting Policies
- This is your building. We don’t want to see it get damaged.
- Aesthetics. While we want this to be your living room, we also want it to be the front door to the University.
SAF funded, Student Events Team, Greek Life and RSO activities will receive priority posting privileges. All others may be limited in number depending on space availability. Space availability will be monitored by the Centennial Student Union Office Manager (In CSU 220).PUBLICITY VALIDATION AND POSTING
Posters and other printed publicity intended for placement within the Centennial Student Union MUST BE VALIDATED with a “Posted” Date Stamp administered in CSU 220.
Postings can only be made on six designated bulletin boards within the CSU. ACTUAL POSTING OF PUBLICITY ON THE CSU BULLETIN BOARDS CAN ONLY BE DONE BY CSU STAFF DIRECTED BY THE CSU OFFICE MANAGER. Student Events Team and Student Organizations CANNOT post their own posters.
A total of 62 Academic posting sites are available on campus. All posters must be have the “Student Union” or the “Academic Bldgs” stamp.
- Scheduling should include reserving time for decorating as well as post event cleanup. Again SCHEDULING IS ESSENTIAL.
- No decorations may be nailed, tacked or self-adhered to the walls, floors or any part of the building without the express permission of the CSU Director. When approved, BLUE MASKING TAPE is the only acceptable adhesive for attaching decorations to painted surfaces.
- No postings on wood and stone surfaces (this policy is relaxed during the two allowable special events promotions per year). Posting Charges will be levied against any organization for damages or insufficient clean up. (It costs CSU $48 an hour for a painter).
SIGN HOLDER FRAMES (21 x 27)
- NO SANDWICH BOARDS (A-FRAME displays) allowed in the CSU.
- Reserved through Events Scheduling (CSU 219)
- Eight locations
- Reserved for up to seven days with a limit of one location per organization
- Boards must have attached approval slip
- Maximum display area is 21 x 27 (18 x 24 gets two posters from 24 x 36 format)
- Displays will be of a quality that includes printed posters or stamped/computer printed lettering.
- Display information must be in English or have an English translation.
- Info must meet University branding standards
- Banner spaces around the stairwell openings and other designated areas reserved through Scheduling.
- A special request to the Communications Coordinator must be made for banners hanging from the stairwell openings. These will be allowed on a limited basis.
- Are approved only for displaying educational content surrounding an event.
- Approved by Facilities Director or Communications Coordinator
- Three display cases by Student Activities can be reserved through Scheduling on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Display cases may be reserved for a period of two weeks, with a limit of one case, per organization. Reservations can be extended for one additional two-week period if available.
- Flatscreens in the CSU offer digital signage for promoting Student Activities and events in the CSU.
- Currently posting jpeg images or PowerPoint slides. Sizes should be designed for 16:9 ratio or 1280 pixels x 720 pixels
- Items can be posted one week prior to the event.
- Ads or meeting notices are not allowed.
EXTERIOR DIGITAL BOARDS "Barney Boards"
- Similar one week restrictions
- Priority to Student Activities and CSU Events
- Chalk use prohibited unless a specific exception is made by Building Services. Use of chalk on sidewalks, walls, windows, etc. is prohibited.
- Flyers and/or handbills shall be approved prior to posting on approved bulletin boards. Flyers shall not be placed on light poles, walls, windows, vehicles, etc. The cost for removal of illegally placed items shall be billed to the organization or firm posting them.
- Table tents advertisement/promotion is NOT ALLOWED in the CSU. Placing flyers on tables, counters, etc. is NOT ALLOWED in the CSU.
Special exemptions with proper notification include Student Senate elections and Homecoming activities.
**Student Events Team will have two opportunities (including Homecoming) per school year when special exemptions are granted for increased promotional postings . POSTINGS ATTACHED TO NON-BULLETIN BOARD MATERIAL MUST BE MADE USING BLUE MASKING TAPE ONLY!
Process For Submitting
- Hours will be posted outside the Graphic Design Office.
- Communications Coordinator Office is in CSU 220
- Graphic Request Form
- All items must be submitted at least two weeks prior to posting/use of publication
- Minimum of two weeks production/printing time needed
- Particularly essential during high volume times such as Welcome Week and Homecoming
- The Graphic Design Office will post a listing of current projects in a first-come, first-served order. Status of projects will be identified by colored push pins
- Any projects coming in after the two-week deadline, or projects seeking to “bumped” up the list will have to be submitted for approval to the CSU Communications Coordinator.
The following statements must appear on all publications, with capitalization and punctuation as follows:
A member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.
Minnesota State University, Mankato is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity University.
This document is available in alternative format to individuals with disabilities by calling _____________ at 507-389-XXXX (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY).
In addition, event invitations and publications must include the following statement:
Individuals with a disability who need a reasonable accommodation to participate in this event, please contact _______________ at 507-389-XXXX (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY) at least ____ days prior to the event.